Sunday, September 18, 2011

33. Time Away


So this video... I'm gonna go ahead and say is my all-time favorite on Vimeo. It. Is. So. Incredible. I first came across it two years ago and was happily reminded of it yesterday (thanks Eliza!). Surprisingly enough, it is a JEWELRY commercial for the Norwegian brand "Bjorg," and it so beautifully considers the wonders, deceits, and uncertainty of memory. And how the distance (or "time away") from an experience can make it all the more intriguing...



The images, music, and narration all work together perfectly to evoke memory's mysteries. The ache, the excitement, the disillusionment, the desire. I love how the entire film is made up of the same scenes just revisited from different angles or perspectives, or maybe just different moments of remembering them. The more times I watch it the more details I discover, too. I just wish that it was the trailer for a movie or something because I want more!!!

1 comment:

  1. totally agree. adore this post. I hope you had a great weekend. I'd would love to hear what you think of my latest outfit post. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete