Monday, September 10, 2012

204. Natalie Kucken

I just came across 17-year-old Natalie Kucken's ethereal photography and it is truly inspiring--her photographs are like fleeting moments of haunted fairytale dreams. Too many amazing photos to chose from for this post, so please check out her official website for more!



Some excerpts I liked from various interviews she's done:

"What makes your work special?
It is my own, and while I'm still growing I sense a feeling in my photographs: a dream, an undertone, a glowing light storm of youth and innocence."

"How would you describe your style?
I try to create things that are almost nostalgic and daydream-y....I want my photos to feel like they are other worldly, but at the same time feel like a memory of a moment in time."

"What are three things you can't go a day without?
My sight, my memories, and some sort of contact with the outside world or a stranger."

2 comments:

  1. It's funny you've just found her. I've been following her stuff for years. You can get to know her on Tumblr :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I haven't come across her sooner!! Going to go check out her tumblr now, thanks!

      Delete